Monday, October 1, 2012

One butterfly card after another long hiatus!!

I'm bacccckkkk!!! With one card. :-|

Better than nothing, right?? :o)



I used:
  • Hero Arts Heart Winged Butterfly stamp 
    • I tapped Mustard Seed distress ink onto the stamp and then tapped Dusty Concord distress ink on the sides but ended up looking brown instead!
    • While the ink is still wet on the cardstock, I quickly dumped some Stamp World Hologram Sparkle embossing powder on it then heat embossed it. The camera can't seem to capture the pretty hologram sparkles but it's definitely there!!
    • I then used Dusty Concord around the stamped butterfly with with ink blending tool.
    • It looked quite plain so I ended up colouring the pattern with distress inks using a small paint brush and some water.
  • Hero Arts Old Letter Writing (Writing is ineligible)
    • I used Rich Cocoa memento ink and then stamped it on white card stock.
    • Wait for it to dry then VINTAGE it with Vintage Photo distress ink.
  • Dark brown ribbon
  • Kaisercraft purple rhinestones
  • Random white and purple cardstock from Riot Art and Craft 
  • Best quality Kraft cardstock purchased from Envelope Solutions (Unfortunately you can only see them at some craft shows or book an appointment to see the stock that they have)
  • Border around the butterfly card - I purchased that beautiful but expensive quality paper from Kami Paper store at Brunswick Street, Fitzroy.

I was defiant about buying the Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Ink Pads when I saw it a few years ago... Then I saw how they're used to make cards and stuff look Vintage... I LOVE VINTAGE!!! And got the whole set of ink pads (half at a time) from CraftOnline (Australian online craft store). OH EM GEE! They have the BEST range of craft stuff with the BEST and cheapest (to me) prices ever!! Do check them out! ;o) If I ever get to meet Tim Holtz in real life, I'd give him a big long hug for being such a GENIUS with the inks, stamps and tools!!!

The Paperific craft show back in August has inspired me to get back to card making. It took a while but I'm slowly getting back to it. I've also SHAMEFULLY purchased lots of Hero Arts stamps from Simon Says Stamp online store (Don't like waiting but it takes up to 3 weeks to arrive!). There are still some goodies on the way to me and some goodies sitting in the cart calling out my name to buy them... And "Picture to Page" paper craft show is coming up this Saturday... YAY and NOOOO at the same time! hehe

Anywho, please stay tuned for more cards and thank you for your support even if it's just a glance of this page. :o)

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment