Monday, June 11, 2012

Whipped Body Butter Tutorial with pictures

 WHIPPED BODY BUTTER TUTORIAL
  • 300g Shea Butter
  • 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil 
Melt Shea Butter and Coconut Oil
  • 1oz Jojoba 
  • 1oz Meadowfoam Seed Oil
  • 2oz Sweet Almond Oil
  • 12 Vitamin E capsules (popped and liquid added to soft/liquid oils)
Measure soft/liquid oils in Pyrex measuring cup and add to the cool melted Shea Butter and Coconut Oil concoction
  • 15 drops of Lavender Essential Oil 
Add Lavender Essential Oil to whipped mixture

 I had to melt the Shea Butter and Coconut Oil because the last time it blended all grainy and lumpy.
I don't know how Soap Queen does it but hers blended so smoothly!
Note the doubler boiler system instead of heating it directly over the fire.

While waiting for the Shea Butter and Coconut Oil concoction to cool to paste-like consistency, I measured out the soft/liquid oils into the pyrex cup.
I added the soft/liquid oils to the Shea Butter and Coconut Oil concoction when it cooled to about 30C/Cool to the touch.

I didn't have to wait almost 2 hours to cool for the last batch. I didn't put this in the fridge but just waited for it to cool at room temperature. As you could see, the paste-like consistency traced the whip when I lift/tilt the Kitchenaid mixer.

 Whip back into the bowl!
That's how I determine when to start whipping. There's no point whipping while it's still in liquid state because it will take as long as the cooling period to whip and increase in volume.

Start whipping from medium for 5 minutes and then fast until the concoction looks whipped and increased in volume.

After much whipping, there's a volume increase. 
Add the Lavender Essential Oil and whip on fast again.

Beautiful whip consistency!!
Looks yummy enough to eat!

Scoop into washed clean and dry containers.
I filled 2x 500ml and a little bit into another container of Whipped Body Butter that I'm still using.
There's roughly 430grams of ingredients when it is unwhipped.

Freshly Whipped Body Butter!!

ENJOY!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I found this on craftgossip and love it! I want to make some for Christmas gifts (I have to plan WAY in advance or it won't get done in time). I can't find meadowfoam seed oil in my neck of the woods. Can you suggest a few different oils that might do well? Thanks for the tute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, didn't think this page would end up at craftgossip! Thanks for checking this out! You can substitute the 1oz meadowfoam seed oil with:
      - 1oz jojoba oil OR
      - 1oz sweet almond oil OR
      - 1oz fractionated coconut oil (odourless and non-greasy) OR
      - 1oz hemp seed oil
      - any liquid oil (or soft oil) that's good and yummy for the skin!

      Hope that helps! Enjoy!! :o)

      Delete
  2. Does this stay whipped if you don't use it very fast?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used a tub for weeks. It stays whipped for a week or so and will deflate but it still sets kinda fluffy soft and will melt on skin contact. :)

    ReplyDelete