Saturday, December 15, 2012

Reversible messenger bag!

Here's my 2nd project that I stayed up till 3.30am to finish on Sunday morning!

It's a reversible messenger bag for my work's Kris Kringle. Hope she likes it!

I can provide the measurements but I didn't take photos of the process of making it. I took photos of the finished product tho! :D I adapted the pattern from No time to sew: Messenger Bag Tutorial and simplified it for myself.

2 sets (Coordinating fabric - For the main body and lining):
  • 2 of 15" x 10.5" (Main)
  • 1 of 12" x 10" (Flap)
  • 2 of 7.5" x 10" (Lined pocket)
  • 1 of 44"-45" (Strap)
Inbetween the main and lining, I used quilt batting to 'soften' the bag instead of fusible interfacing. I thought I'd just give the quilt batting idea a try because I've never sewn with quilt batting before:
  • 2 of 15" x 10.5" (Body)
  • 1 of 12" x 10" (Flap)
I ended up forgetting to sew one of the pockets to the main/outside fabric. I finished sewing up the main side before attaching the pocket. So I sew the 7.5" x 10" pocket and split into 2 pockets in the middle, to the inside lining. Also personal choice with the number of pockets and where to put them!

The finished messenger bag measurements: 
  • Flap: 11" x 9"
  • Bag: 14.5" x 8" x 3.5"
  • Strap: 1 3/4" x 44"

Enjoy!! :o)




No comments:

Post a Comment